A new restaurant will give people a taste of Africa when it opens in Reading next week.
Faith Kitchen, which will be based in Oxford Road, has devised a menu that showcases the best of the mighty continent including soups, Jollof rice, sweet chilli yams and oven-baked pastries.
The family-style restaurant says it aims to offer a family style restaurant offering a broad and selective African Cuisine with some international influences at a convenient and accessible location on Oxford Road in Reading.
“Faith Kitchen is an inspiring restaurant, stylish and contemporary, designed with an eclectic atmosphere to transport you to the heart of Africa to eat excellent and interesting food,” said a spokesperson for the restaurant.
“It was created to answer the growing demand for African cuisine amongst the people of Reading, enhancing the range of existing culinary opportunities.
“Faith Kitchen is an inspiring restaurant, stylish and contemporary, designed with an eclectic atmosphere to transport you to the heart of Africa to eat excellent and interesting food. It was created to answer the growing demand for African cuisine amongst the people of Reading, enhancing the range of existing culinary opportunities.”
The restaurant opens on Friday, August 1 and will offer takeaways and home deliveries within a three-mile radius.
It will also offer a catering service for special occasions including paties, weddings, seminars and company dinners.
Meals are accompanied by specially selected refreshing drinks and cocktails from Africa or, if preferred, a choice of wines or soft drinks before finishing the meal with dessert such as a mouth-watering Citron tart with cream, and Fairtrade Tea or Coffee.
The launch menu will include :
- African soups including Ogbono, Egusi, Eforiro, Ewedu, Edikaing-kong and Cassava -Leaf.
- Swallows” including Eba, Pounded Yam, Amala, Semovita, Fufu
- Sweet chill sauce served with Yam or Bean porridge, Moin-Moin or Vegetarian Plantain balls at affordable prices
- Quality sumptuous oven baked pastries including meat and chicken pies, beef or vegetarian rolls.
- Tasty rice dishes such as Jollof rice, West African style white rice and peas, or fried rice served with plantain, soup and a variety of meat and fish accompaniments.
- Various house specials for example the tempting Faith whole grilled Croaker or Tilapia on a bed of Plantain.
Faith Kitchen will open from noon to midnight Mondays to Saturdays and from 2pm to 11pm on Sundays.
For more details, log on to its website or call 0118 957 4046.