The Bishop of Swindon, Lee Rayfield and other guest speaker Stewart Lansley, economist, academic and author of The Cost of Inequality and Breadline Britain are hosting a public meeting at The Baptist Church, Swindon.
Following the guest speakers messages there will be a discussion including:
- The UK is one of the most unequal countries in the developed world
- Average pay is approximately £27k a year, but for top company directors it’s around £5 MILLION a year
- This huge inequality damages you, your family and your community
- It means we suffer worse health and social problems than more equal countries
- There is increasing evidence that it harms our economy too
Swindon Equality Group is a group of local people who seek to address inequality in our local area. We are not affiliated to any political party. We are affiliated to The Equality Trust: a national, evidence-based, charity that aims to improve the quality of life in the UK by reducing inequality.
Spirit of Swindon has emerged from a gathering of people who want to raise consciousness of the impact of economic inequality and help Swindon offer a lead to other towns and cities in the UK.
Swindon Equality Group website: swindonequality.btck.co.uk
The Equality Trust: http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/support
The meeting will take place at The Baptist Church, Gorse Hill, Swindon SN2 1AA on Thursday, March 20, 2017 from 7pm to 8.30pm
There will be no charge to attend but contributions for refreshments will be welcome.