Kiera Holder from All Saints Junior School, pictured Beating The Street with her mum, Jennie Pither. J Pither
Reading’s schoolchildren are still beating the street in fine style, two weeks into the month-long initiative forged by South Reading CCG, North and West Reading CCG, Intelligent Health and Reading Borough Council.
As at midnight last night, the leaderboard went as follows:
- All Saints Junior School were the top performing school for the central Reading area, followed very closely by their neighbours, All Saints Infants School. These places changed over this evening, with All Saints Infants now coming out on top.
- Top Performing School for the area north of Reading was Micklands Primary School.
- New Christ Church Primary School were coming out on top for the schools situated to the south of Reading.
- For the area to the east of Reading, the top performing school was Alfred Sutton Primary School.
- The top performing school for the the west was Oxford Road Community School
Alice Boon, acting Head of New Christ Church Primary School said: “Our children, parents, carers and staff are really enjoying the challenge, and we are celebrating our successes using the website league tables in our assemblies each week.”
Headteacher of All Saints Junior School Susannah Daniel added: “We launched our own Beat The Street campaign during one of our Friday assemblies. Parents and staff regularly update one another through Facebook and we give encouragement and positive reinforcement to our children by giving out housepoints when they show effort and go out to earn points by tapping their fob or card.”
Parents are also getting in on the act, taking their children out on extended walks, whatever the weather. Even last Saturday’s deluge of rain didn’t stop them! There’s still three weeks left to Beat The Street, so everything is still to play for. Details of how and where to collect your card from are on the Beat The Street website, noted below.
Beat The Street continues until June 4, and an assortment of prizes and “Lucky Tap” quick wins are available. For more details on how to take part, visit www.reading.beatthestreet.me or take a look at their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BeatthestreetHQ
Last modified on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 18:07