Reading’s share of the vote by party colour
Reading has bucked the national trend and voted Ukip into third place in the European elections.
At the time of writing, it looked as if the UK Independence Party was on course to receive around 30% of the national vote, topping the poll. Labour and the Conservatives were vying for second place at around 24% of the vote.
However, in Reading, it was Labour that came top with a 31% share of the vote, with the Conversatives in second place with 23% of the vote. Ukip came third with just a fifth of the votes.
The Green Party appears to be on course for 8% of the national vote – but in Reading that share was 12%.
The only party that has matched national to local vote shares is the Liberal Democrats, which polled 7%.
The turnout in Reading is just under 33% of the electorate – 38,858 voted.
- An Independence from Europe 651 1.69%
- British National Party 333 0.86%
- Christian Peoples Alliance 337 0.87%
- Conservative Party 8,996 23.29%
- English Democrats 249 0.64%
- Green Party 4,777 12.36%
- Harmony Party 35 0.09%
- Labour Party 12,071 31.24%
- Liberal Democrats 2,836 7.34%
- Liberty Great Britain 40 0.10%
- The Peace Party – Non-violence, Justice, Environment 205 0.53%
- The Roman Party.AVE 122 0.32%
- The Socialist Party of Great Britain 114 0.30%
- UK Independence Party (UKIP) 7,812 20.22%
- YOURvoice 56 0.14%
Last modified on Monday, 26 May 2014 14:58