If you have a dinosaur-mad toddler a visit to your local library is a must over the next fortnight as they host a real Jurassic lark.
Wokingham Borough Libraries will be holding special story times to mark the 20th anniversary of Dinosaur Roar, a popular children’s book by Paul and Henrietta Stickland.
Featuring pages and pages of rhymes about dinosaurs, teaching ytounsgetrs about opposites such as weak, strong, short and long.
It’s gone from being just a book to a worldwide phenomenon, translated into many languages and boasting a club, Facebook page and an iPad app.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary, Wokingham Borough libraries will be reading Dinosaur Roar and helping under fives to create a ‘roarsome’ dinosaur to take home.
Each session costs £1.50 and there’s no need to book – just turn up and drop in.
Get on the dino trail: your guide to Dinosaur Roar!
- Winnersh Library on Wednesday, September 17 from 10am to 10.45am – (0118) 979 7519
- Finchampstead Library on Tuesday, September 23 from 2pm to 2.45pm – (0118) 908 8176
- Wargrave Library on Wednesday, September 24 from 11.15am to 12noon – (0118) 940 4656
- Spencers Wood Library on Thursday, September 25 from 10.15am to 11am from (0118) 988 4771
- Twyford Library on Friday, September 26 from 10.30am to 11.15am – (0118) 934 0800
- Maiden Erlegh Library on Saturday, September 27 from 11am to 11.45am – (0118) 966 6630
- Lower Earley Library on Tuesday, September 30 from 10.15am to 11am – (0118) 931 2150
- Wokingham Library on Wednesday, October 1 from 10.15am to 11am – (0118) 978 1368
- Woodley Library on Friday, October 3 from 10.15am to 11am – (0118) 969 0304
For more on Dinsosaur Roar! visit its website.
Last modified on Monday, 15 September 2014 13:50